Saturday, February 21, 2009

Smashing Good Times

Bernie Madoff, a man who had been arrested for a Ponzi scheme was the inspiration for a toy called “Smash-me Bernie”. This is a small figurine in which Bernie Madoff is in a devil’s uniform, and it comes with a hammer so that you can smash the figurine. After the toy’s success, the company that made the toy, ModelWorks, also offers a custom “smash-me” doll for those who have not felt the harsh scheme of Bernie, but may have felt ripped-off, or ticked-off by someone else.
Now, if I were to purchase one of these toys, I would want one of George W. Bush. I have never been a fan of this man, or the way he had run our country for the last 8 years. We are now in a big economic downfall, and our troops are still in Iraq for reasons unknown. I think that all of this is pointless, and I am really unhappy with the way things are going. I don’t know who ultimately is to blame for all of this, but I can only assume that George W. Bush is the main cause. Mind you, I am neither democratic, nor republican. I simply want a good man to run our country the way it needs to be run. George did not provide us with what we needed. We are suffering from the pieces of the mess he created, and did not clean up. Therefore, I would really love to own a “smash-me Bush” doll, so I can take a golden hammer, and smash the doll. Then again, I don’t think I would smash the doll since I spent one-hundred dollars on it. I might just leave it on display for everyone to laugh at?

No comments:

Post a Comment