Saturday, March 14, 2009

Illegal Market Views

As a class, we have watched a documentary about illegal trade, and counterfeit products. The video demonstrated how the goods are sold, produced, and the damages they cause. After seeing this video, I feel kind of guilty that this kind of trade happens throughout the world. Unfortunately, there isn’t much we can do to stop it.

When asked how I feel about it, I guess I feel like I have distributed in some way. We all have. It makes me feel that there is something I could have done to help minimize the percentage of illegal trade, download, or purchase. It made me sick to see people create fake medicine, and how it killed innocent people who thought they were going to recover by taking the medicine. It made me sad to see women get excited over their brand new Proda bag, when in all reality, it was fake. Though it makes me think twice about what I do, or what I buy, I know that this is a trade that is going to be hard to demolish. The video did say that its fast spread, and if it is spreading like a contagious disease, it’s going to take a long time to fight off the infection of the black market, or illegal trade.

All in all, I feel awful that this is happening. I know that I can be one of those people who don’t contribute, but then again, I never know when I am or when I am not. Like the victims in the video, we don’t know any better. The best thing we can do is to be cautious.

No comments:

Post a Comment