Saturday, January 24, 2009

Blog Posts

Well, I have visited two of my classmates’ blogs on how they feel about lawyers. First, I visited RoVegas Design. Her blog was creative, and even mentioned the movie “Liar Liar” starring Jim Carey. After reading her blog, I had this to say, “After reading your post, I would have to agree. I have never gotten into any trouble with the law, but if I had, I would really want the help of a lawyer who was able to grant me a citation from a speeding ticket. I have a better view on things now by reading this.And yes, I remember that movie, and it was a long time ago when I saw it. Though ironic, that movie did show what it was like to be a lawyer, and what they do in their line of work, and what it would be like if they could not lie.So as much as I feel it’s deceitful, or wrong, I guess that its essential.Thank you. ”

Secondly, I visited Raw Impact Design. This student questioned wither lawyers were the villain, or the hero then explained how they could be both. After reading this blog, I had this to say, “That’s a good way to look at it. I think that a lawyer could be either both good and bad, depending on what they are being paid to do. They are there to help us get out of sticky situations, but they are doing it in their benefit. yes, its because its their job, and I agree. My opinion at first was kind of a hateful one, but I really don't know what to think of them as well.I mean, I can't say I hate them or that they are bad. If I ever needed a lawyer, I'd get one, and I would hope that they did their job for me to get me out of a bind. I guess now that I read this, I have a neutral feeling for Lawyers and their work, but like you said, that may change due to what a lawyer is standing up for.”

Gaining perspective on the issue from other people’s opinions really helped me open my mind to why lawyers do what they do, or how they do it. Though at first, I was a little narrow minded about the issue, I have learned to open my mind, and accept the fact that even though lawyers tend to lie to win a case, its what they have to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment