Tuesday, January 20, 2009

My Oppinion on Lawyers

The definition of a lawyer: a person whose profession is to represent clients in a court of law or to advise or act for clients in other legal matters.

This is their job, wither the client is innocent or guilty. Sure, people hate the fact that lawyers are devious in some cases, but it’s their job to be. I honestly have never had personal experience with a lawyer, so I can't completely understand what they do. Seeing movies about lawyers does not count, since Hollywood has a habit of dramatizing everything. They may be lairs, but they have to be in order to have a chance at winning their case. There may be lawyers out there who will not take a case to defend a criminal, but those that do know their client is guilty, and will do everything in their power to prove that he/she is not.

Then you have those lawyers who know the bigwigs of the law system, and can do things for their client just because of that. Its lawyers like these that I really can't appreciate. I understand that you have to know good people to get the jobs you want, but sometimes I wish this was not true. I have respect for people who work hard the honest way, but it can't always happen that way.

So, all in all, my opinion on lawyers is a little indifferent, but at the same time, I have somewhat of an understanding to what they do, and why, versus my aggravation to their dishonesty, and dependability on the bigwigs. Since I have never dealt with a lawyer, I do not know one-hundred percent on how they work, but just what I have seen or heard.

This is how I feel about Lawyers.

1 comment:

  1. I read Barnhurst Design blog on what she thought about lawyers. I have to agree with the comment that some lawyers are only in it for the money. Also some lawyers would still take a case that they believe there client is guilty and try hard to prove they aren’t. With my own experience I wrote on my blog about my cousin who had one of those lawyers who knew he was guilty but because my cousin paid well got him off on lesser charges. I don’t think all lawyers are like this but majority of them do seem to be just in it for the money. I’m pretty sure allot of them do have ties with the bigwigs and use it to help their clients. So all in all lawyers are snack if you’re being sued but are saint’s if they are defending you.

    ReplyDelete